Sunday, March 20, 2011

Who is Alberto Del Rio's ring announcer?

Las damas y caballeros,

Es mi gran honor de introducir a usted aqui,

Un hombre con una inteligencia superior

de hacer su debut aqui en Smackdown

El es, Albertoooo Del Rrrrrrrio

Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my great honor to introduce to you here,

A man of great royalty

A man with a superior intelligence

making his debut here in Smackdown

He is, Albertooo Del Rrrrrrrio

That is what Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer, Ricardo Rodriguez said during his boss' first appearance in the World Wrestling Entertainment.

But other than being known for being Del Rio's personal ring announcer, who is Rodriguez?

Well, not much is really known about him, but one thing I bet that most of you did not know was that this guy can actually wrestle. Now for those of you who watch WWE NXT on their website (now there is a shameless plug for them; your welcome WWE), you might have seen him in a match against Conor O'Brian. And yes he did end up scoring the victory in the match, but has this guy done anything else in the past? Well the answer to that question is...yes.

According to his wikipedia page, he has wrestled in many wrestling promotions in Mexico under the name of Chimaera, who wears a mask. Heck, the man has even won a lucha libre title in the CWX. Now I'm not trying to say that the guy would not be able to get into the ring because he looks unathletic or something like that, it's just I never thought he was an actual wrestler.

Until I decided to google his name, I would not have not imagined he was a wrestler. I guess I still have this preconceived notion that most of the wrestlers in the business today are big and muscular. But I guess that is what kind of influence lucha libre is now having on wrestling here in America.

-Christopher J. Valverde

Follow me on Twitter: @xfactor7806

*Photo from wwe.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment