Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Over the Limit Reaction

This blog is a tad late, but anyway...

Alright as many of you know, the pay-per-view Over the Limit took place this past Sunday. Now I didn't get a chance to see much of it (busying watching the Bulls-Heat game) but from what I read on some websites, it wasn't much to call home about. But I did get to watch a majority of the Randy Orton-Christian match. And not only was it the match of the night, but it could be the match of the year so far. Now off the top of my head, there aren't many matches that I can recall that deserve the title of match of the year. Sure the Undertaker-Triple H could be mention as one, but the World Heavyweight Championship was head and shoulders above it. I think that most people figured that Orton would win the match, but maybe not in the way it was won. The match they had on Friday Night Smackdown was ppv quality, but they were able to out do themselves. Even Orton said so himself on his twitter account:

Got to give it to Christian, every match we have against each other is a ppv match.Tonight was just like any other Seattle was a great host!

It's obvious that he had to win the match. He's the face of that show; much like how John Cena is the face of Monday Night Raw. Which leads me to my next topic...the Cena-Miz WWE Championship match.

The WWE Championship, well was, poorly booked. From what I have read and heard about the match, the Miz hit Cena with object possible for most of the match. But in the last moments of it, Cena put Miz in the STF and made him tap out in a matter of seconds. What kind of booking is that. Have a former champion bash Cena with multiple objects for several minutes, and then have him tap out in a matter of seconds. This only did one thing...made the Miz extremely weak. Actually it another thing, made Superman Cena even stronger. I can understand the children who watch the product wanting Cena to win and the writers doing this for them, but seriously. This has to stop WWE.

Another note from the ppv was the Chavo Guerrero-Sin Cara match. This was the first match since Summerslam 2007 that two wrestlers of Hispanic origin wrestled against each other in a ppv. Another intersting fact is that this the first time since Backlash 2008 that Chavo has wrestler in a ppv, which is a shame.

On a sadder note, Randy 'The Macho Man' Savage passed away last weekend. Growing up, he was one of the wrestlers I enjoyed watching. I even had a Macho Man shared pillow that I would do wrestling moves on. He was a true entertainer in and out of the ring. He will be missed.

-Christopher J. Valverde

Follow me on Twitter: @factor7806

No comments:

Post a Comment