Friday, April 15, 2011

Analysis of Sin Cara's Debut


As some of you guys know, this past Monday night Sin Cara made his in-ring debut. His match was against Primo. Now Primo isn't the greatest wrestler in the world. He mainly jobs most of the young talent and really isn't in any title hunt. Certainly not for the WWE or World Heavyweight Championships, or the Intercontinental or U.S. Championships. To me, the only reason he was really there was to partner with his brother, Carlito. But since he was released, he serves no purpose. Sorry Primo, just my opinion. But enough of this talk about Primo and his non-existence as formidable wrestler.

There are two things I took away from this match regarding Sin Cara. One, the guy has a high-flying move set. When I saw this match live on television, he was doing things I had never seen any other wrestler perform in WWE. Now before I get ahead of myself, there were a couple of moves he did that resembled things Rey Mysterio did when he first entered the company. For instance the head scissors tilt-a-whirl he did on Primo is something I seen from Rey; as well as the counter from the powerbomb Primo was trying to execute. But the one thing I saw from Sin Cara that left me speechless was his finishing move.

When you first break into the business of wrestling, the one thing most people will want to know about you is finishing move. Is something unique and spectacular or is something that has been done before too many times? As a wrestler, your job is to entertain the crowd. And if you are not able to do that with a unique finishing move, then you are not going anywhere in the business.

Anyway, Sin Cara's finishing moving was, well...something spectacular. I can't really put it into words, so I'll let the video do the talking for me.



Now that moonsault side slam, or whatever you want to call it, was pretty impressive. For me, that was the first time I had ever seen that move performed (sorry if someone else has performed that move before), so props to Sin Cara.

Even though I was impressed with his move set, there was one troubling thing I saw from him -- the way he sells his moves. Now this will come with more in-ring time, but there were a few instances where he really didn't sell the kicks or the punches from Primo.

At one point during the match, Sin Cara threw Primo back into the ring after he had tossed him a few moments ago. When he rolled him back into the ring and turned away for one moment. When he turned back Primo performed a baseball slide on Sin Cara. Sin Cara was knocked to the ground, but really didn't sell the move. He reacted to the move but really didn't lay on the ground long enough to indicate the power of the slide. You guys can check out what I am talking about in the video I posted a couple of blog posts ago (in case none of that made any sense).

Another thing I have heard from some wrestling websites is that Sin Cara had two botches during the matches. Well one might be kind of his fault, the entrance into the ring, but the other one was not his fault. When Sin Cara was setting up Primo for his finisher, Primo slipped off the top rope and caused Sin Cara to fall outside the ring. Now, Sin Cara has some caught some heat for these two incident, especially from Vince McMahon (according to ewrestlingnews.com).

Well Vince I have a message for you, it's wasn't his fault. Also give this guy some time to adapt to the WWE. This guy has been wrestling around the world some years and this is his first time in the big leagues. I promise, if you give this guy some time, he will be something special. But you have to remember, this guy will have some minor slip ups. Just be patience, he will succeed.

And if we are patience with him, then we will see more luchadors in the WWE in no time.

-Christopher J. Valverde

Follow me at Twitter: @xfactor7806

No comments:

Post a Comment